When configuring an RTMP streaming in Flash Player (see previous post for an example), I will use the same examples in this post), it may be hard to tell why it does not work: was URL incorrect? Or you just missed something in your player? In such a case it may be helpful to use JW Player online player constructor.
- Go to http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player-setup-wizard
- Select flvplayer with an rtmp stream
- In File properties section, set File to your stream name, like 'video1.flv' or 'mp4:video2.mp4' (without quotes)
- In External Communitation section, set streamer to the part of URL without your stream name, like rtmp://abcdefghijklmn.cloudfront.net/cfx/st
- Press Update Preview & Code button
- Press on the player below. If it plays your video correctly, then your bucket+distribution are configured correctly and URL is correct, too